Go Back   Oregon Green Free Forums - Oregons Premiere OMMP community. > OGF Community Info > OGF Website Tutorials and Info

OGF Website Tutorials and Info Information to help you use this website and its forum software.

View Poll Results: What do you think a reasonable time limit on post editing should be?
15 minutes 6 13.95%
1 hour 10 23.26%
2 hours 1 2.33%
4 hours 2 4.65%
8 hours 2 4.65%
24 hours 22 51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 6th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #1
Jetson
OGF Verified Cardholder
Verified OMMP

Thanked 10,758 Times in 2,106 Posts
Chats: 6754
Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.
Default Editing time limit

Some of the posts in the discussion thread about editing posts raise some issues about how long someone should be able to edit their post due to moderation concerns. Feel free to discuss this issue as well. The current time limit is 15 minutes. I am going to post another poll here to see what people think about the time limit.

If you haven't already read through all of the posts in the other thread, you should do so at the link below before you vote in this thread: http://www.oregongreenfree.net/forum...d.php?t=105434

Last edited by Jetson; September 6th, 2011 at 04:00 PM.
Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jetson For This Useful Post:
Breeder (September 6th, 2011), greenpaw (September 21st, 2011), kristi (September 7th, 2011), Madfingers (September 7th, 2011), maryjaneheals (September 6th, 2011), riverlynx (September 6th, 2011), shenny11 (September 7th, 2011), Sopha King (September 6th, 2011), StickyfingahZ (September 6th, 2011), Sunnygrrrl (September 6th, 2011), Tom Servo (September 6th, 2011)
Old September 7th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #2
shenny11
unknown
South SC

Thanked 4,392 Times in 1,897 Posts
Chats: 5964
OGF Chapter: North Coast
shenny11 has much to be proud ofshenny11 has much to be proud ofshenny11 has much to be proud ofshenny11 has much to be proud ofshenny11 has much to be proud ofshenny11 has much to be proud ofshenny11 has much to be proud ofshenny11 has much to be proud ofshenny11 has much to be proud ofshenny11 has much to be proud ofshenny11 has much to be proud of

I have wished for a long time that the edit was available for longer than 15 minutes... sometimes I've gone back and re read my post and gone....DAMMMMMNNNNNN I MUST have been OVER MEDICATED when I posted that, because I sound like a DUMB CHIT when I re read it
Spell check doesn't always catch your mistakes, especially if it's some thing like you wanting to put "your" and you only get "you" and then there's always the question of "there" (location) "their" (possessive), and "they're" (contraction of they are) when being a little on the over medicated side makes you wonder..... ok WHICH ONE IS IT??? lol
Worse yet is when you re read your post and think.... hummm did I just step into a Star Wars segment? I sound JUST LIKE YODA! (too medicated I am, funny I am talking )
Just my .02 worth, which isn't worth that any more
shenny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shenny11 For This Useful Post:
Breeder (September 7th, 2011), Jetson (September 7th, 2011), Sopha King (September 7th, 2011), StickyfingahZ (September 7th, 2011), Twitch (September 7th, 2011)
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #3
lightofday
OGF Verified Patient
Verified OMMP

Thanked 1,401 Times in 324 Posts
Chats: 0
OGF Chapter: PDX-East
lightofday has a brilliant futurelightofday has a brilliant futurelightofday has a brilliant futurelightofday has a brilliant futurelightofday has a brilliant futurelightofday has a brilliant futurelightofday has a brilliant futurelightofday has a brilliant futurelightofday has a brilliant futurelightofday has a brilliant futurelightofday has a brilliant future
Default 5 minutes max

I am a little disappointed that those folks (like me) who think 15 minutes is too long are not included in this poll. Since giving posters the ability to edit their posts seems like a done deal I am voting for 5 minutes even though this is not one of the choices in the poll. Once posters have the ability to edit their thoughts after presenting them we will no longer be able to have meaningful conversations or discussions. This used to be a place where we can learn from (and teach) each other and that has changed.

Second edit: I just re-read Jetsons post and learned that we already have a 15 minute editing time limit which seems more than adequate and has allowed me to edit my post since it was written prior to morning coffee. I vote to keep it the way it is now at 15 minutes. I would like to be able to edit the post title, too, which I am currently unable to do. Gotta go vote now!

Last edited by lightofday; September 7th, 2011 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Needed some coffee before morning thought
lightofday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightofday For This Useful Post:
Jetson (September 7th, 2011), Tom Servo (February 20th, 2012)
Old September 7th, 2011, 06:28 AM   #4
riverlynx
OGF "Bored" Member
Verified OMMPNorth Coast SC

Location: over~the~bay from Dismal Nitch and Cape Disappointment
Thanked 7,089 Times in 2,081 Posts
Chats: 13
OGF Chapter: North Coast
riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.riverlynx A future so bright ya gotta wear shades.
Default A Fine Example of a Valid Reason to be able to Edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofday View Post
I am a little disappointed that those folks (like me) who think 15 minutes is too long are not included in this poll. Since giving posters the ability to edit their posts seems like a done deal I am voting for 5 minutes even though this is not one of the choices in the poll. Once posters have the ability to edit their thoughts after presenting them we will no longer be able to have meaningful conversations or discussions. This used be a place where we can learn from (and teach) each other and that has changed.

Second edit: I just re-read Jetsons post and learned that we already have a 15 minute editing time limit which seems more than adequate and has allowed me to edit my post since it was written prior to morning coffee. I vote to keep it the way it is now at 15 minutes. I would like to be able to edit the post title, too, which I am currently unable to do. Gotta go vote now!
If you were to read all of the posts in both threads you will see that there are many reason to edit posts -- as you have just illustrated in this fine example. Thanks for your thoughts and input.

RiverLynx & Rio

Last edited by riverlynx; September 7th, 2011 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Added a Title, corrected spelling.
riverlynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #5
rgpdx
OGF Verified Patient

OGF Chapter: PDX-West
rgpdx is on a distinguished road
Default Editing

Hello,

May I make a suggestion to help.

1. Use a text editor like 'notepad' for Windows or something Mac uses.
a. Write your post.
b. Read what you have written, check spelling and grammar.

2. If angry.
a. Write about your subject.
b. Read what you have written the next day. You have time to cool off.
You may change your mind or decide to tone it down.

3. This way you have less of a chance making errors and getting across your point clearly.

4. Just highlight and copy the text to a reply thread body.

5. If you do have to edit hopefully it won't take more than 15 minutes.
rgpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgpdx For This Useful Post:
Jetson (September 7th, 2011), kristi (September 7th, 2011), muuffy (September 21st, 2011), Sopha King (September 8th, 2011), StickyfingahZ (September 7th, 2011), Sunnygrrrl (September 7th, 2011), Tom Servo (September 7th, 2011)
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #6
kristi
Curious
Garden GeekOGF Board MemberVerified OMMP

Thanked 23,189 Times in 6,738 Posts
Chats: 557
OGF Chapter: PDX-Metro
kristi has disabled reputation

great post! the moderator's job would be easy if everyone put this much thought into their posting. when I post I try to post like my grandmother is reading it as we are trying to reach out to her peers who can benefit from medical cannabis and ultimately raise awareness and acceptance of this herbal remedy.

if people are going back to change anything but spelling or punctuation after an hour or more then it changes the thread continuity in my opinion by changing the content that people have already responded to. you can always make an additional post if you have something to add and that ensures people will also see it as some people do not go back and read the posts again scanning for additions or edits.

I vote to keep it as is, 15 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpdx View Post
Hello,

May I make a suggestion to help.

1. Use a text editor like 'notepad' for Windows or something Mac uses.
a. Write your post.
b. Read what you have written, check spelling and grammar.

2. If angry.
a. Write about your subject.
b. Read what you have written the next day. You have time to cool off.
You may change your mind or decide to tone it down.

3. This way you have less of a chance making errors and getting across your point clearly.

4. Just highlight and copy the text to a reply thread body.

5. If you do have to edit hopefully it won't take more than 15 minutes.

do or do not, there is no such thing as try
Yoda

kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kristi For This Useful Post:
FREEB1RD (September 9th, 2011), Sopha King (September 8th, 2011), StickyfingahZ (September 7th, 2011), Tom Servo (September 7th, 2011)
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #7
StickyfingahZ
The Master of Disaster
Verified OMMP

Thanked 7,749 Times in 2,920 Posts
Chats: 17
OGF Chapter: PDX-West
StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.StickyfingahZ To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.

We need a time machine....
..Don't forget the crystals....

StickyfingahZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StickyfingahZ For This Useful Post:
Sopha King (September 8th, 2011), Tom Servo (September 7th, 2011)
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #8
Jetson
OGF Verified Cardholder
Verified OMMP

Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.Jetson To many good thinigs to say about this person to list here.
Exclamation You posted what on the internet!!

This has been a good and useful discussion, and hopefully, it will give people some pause before they post something in anger or when they are in a bad state of mind. Think before you post is always a good idea. Don't want your grandma reading something bad you said!!

So far, 12 are at an hour or less, 12 are at 24 hours, and 4 are somewhere in between.

Last edited by Jetson; September 7th, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jetson For This Useful Post:
Sopha King (September 8th, 2011), Sunnygrrrl (September 8th, 2011), Swooper (September 9th, 2011)
Old September 8th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #9
Jetson
OGF Verified Cardholder
Verified OMMP

Default Bump

There is some time left in the poll. Again, please look back at the first post and read the other thread, as well as this one before you vote in the poll. Thanks to all who have participated in this discussion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jetson For This Useful Post:
Sopha King (September 8th, 2011), Sunnygrrrl (September 8th, 2011), Swooper (September 9th, 2011)
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #10
Swooper
Brain-Eater-In-Chief
Verified OMMP

Thanked 2,549 Times in 726 Posts
OGF Chapter: PDX-East
Swooper has a brilliant futureSwooper has a brilliant futureSwooper has a brilliant futureSwooper has a brilliant futureSwooper has a brilliant futureSwooper has a brilliant futureSwooper has a brilliant futureSwooper has a brilliant futureSwooper has a brilliant futureSwooper has a brilliant futureSwooper has a brilliant future

Good discussion....deserves a bump... it looks like poll is still open....over 51% say 24 hours...get your vote in...let your voice be heard.
Swooper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swooper For This Useful Post:
Jetson (September 9th, 2011), Sunnygrrrl (September 9th, 2011), Tom Servo (September 9th, 2011)